We are so appreciative of the support we’ve received from the Queens Council on the Arts over the years.
Here are some updates from No, YOU Tell It! alum storytellers living in the epicenter of Queens.
- TONIGHT! As more and more shows move online, don’t miss “aMuse” comedian and storyteller, Ellie Dvorkin on RISK! Live. Get your tickets for the May 1 show at 9 pm here.
- From our postponed “Precious” show – storyteller, professor, and Sunday Salon producer Nita Noveno shares her tale to demystify the virus, to show people that someone they knew had it and survived, and to offer hope.
- “aMuse” poet Pichchenda Bao in QUEENSBOUND 2020: “We’re hunkered down in LIC, but deserted streets are not really as deserted as you might think. The starlings are loud here. Have a listen to me reading my poem, In Long Island City”
- “Crafty” alum Ruthy Kirwan was a guest on The Ron Jolly Show talking about her experience with COVID-19 and how she took hydroxychloroquine to recover. Listen here.
- Our own Kelly Jean Fitzsimmons continues to connect with Queens writers by transitioning her creative writing class at The Astoria Bookshop to a weekly online offering every Sunday. Read more about it at We Heart Astoria.
It’s hard to believe but our eight-year anniversary is coming up on May 8th.
Our planned “Coming & Going” show is on hold for now, but we do have some social-distanced surprises in store.
LIKE our Facebook page and FOLLOW us on Instagram for updates on how to celebrate and perhaps win a Bookseller’s Choice Bundle from The Astoria Bookshop.