It’s almost too much to contemplate, but we are staring down 2015 to bring you some exciting events. Time travel with us, to the near future, and see what we have in store.
First, we’re starting the new year off with our Winter Storytelling Workshops at Q.E.D. in Astoria. The January workshop is now full, but you can register for the one starting in March by clicking here.
In an intimate setting, the class will utilize our switched-up storytelling format to help writers in drafting an original nonfiction story. Here are some of the things participants can expect:
- Freewriting exercises to kick-start your first draft
- Two workshop sessions to refine your true-life tale
- An individual rehearsal with a NYTI director
- A live class show (open to the public) where the paired partners will perform each other’s stories
- A bonus post-show session where participants can reflect on the impact of hearing their story performed and learn additional tools for revision
The March schedule is as follows:
March 1st — 2:00PM to 4:00PM — Class
March 8th — 2:00PM to 4:00PM — Class
March 15th — 2:00PM to 4:00PM — Class
March 22nd — 1:00PM to 4:00PM — Rehearsal (Note: Participants will schedule individual one hour rehearsal sessions with their director during this time.)
Tue, March 24th – 7PM to 8:30PM – Workshop Showcase on the Q.E.D. stage
March 29th — 2:00PM to 4:00PM — Final Class
March enrollment, while limited, is still open. Click here to register.
Next, our official storytelling shows resume on February 18th with Dark Woods, which will take place at our usual haunt Jimmy’s no. 43. More details to come.
If you have any questions you can always get in touch.