Sep 28 2021 @ 7:00PM
- Proof of vaccination is required for entry
- Due to the spread of the highly contagious delta variant, the City of New York strongly recommends everyone wear a mask whenever they are in a public, indoor setting, even when it is not required, and in any setting where you do not know who around you may be vaccinated.
You’re Gonna Be Sweet, Boy written by Bobby Hankinson, performed by Desi Waters, and directed by Kelly Jean Fitzsimmons
Meltdown written by Desi Waters, performed by Bobby Hankinson, and directed by Erika Iverson
Imaginary Rules written by Marcos Stafne, performed by Moncho Alvarado, and directed by Erika Iverson
Dead Familia written by Moncho Alvarado, performed by Marcos Stafne, and directed by Kelly Jean Fitzsimmons
Listen carefully because we’ll be doing story trivia for a chance to win storyteller Bobby Hankinson’s anthology, Welcome to Kweendom: LGBTQ Comedians Make Pride Personal with Stories of Love, Loss, Sex, and Everything Under The Rainbow.
Click here to order the book now from our friends at The Astoria Bookshop.
Huge thank you to the Brooklyn Book Festival, Lambda Literary, City Artist Corps/NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, and The Astoria Bookshop for helping make tonight’s show possible!
On a personal note, I’m in awe and grateful to see No, YOU Tell It! return for a live performance and working hard to bring the series back for a full season in 2022.
Switching stories to embody each other’s experience in a live performance creates the kind of empathetic connections that are essential 19+ months into a pandemic.
Want to show your support? Here are 3 great ways:
- SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for updates.
- SHARE the No, YOU Tell It! Podcast far and wide. Available on our website and your fav podcasting platforms.
- DONATE through our fiscal sponsor The Field. Plus, it’s tax-deductible.
Kelly Jean Fitzsimmons
One thought on ““Defiant” Program”
September 28, 2021 at 3:33 pm
[…] hear these No, YOU Tell It! “Defiant” storytellers swap tales at Culture Lab NYC in Gallery […]